|Posted by Leticia Hughes on January 6, 2008 at 4:54 AM|
For the last few weeks I have been diving, sleeping, eating, diving, reading, drinking, swimming, diving and sleeping� to say the least, it has been bliss and a fantastic way to end our time in Thailand.
Our Asian Adventure has come to an end and I would like to share some of the new skills I have acquired a long the way. I can now:
1. Easily pack 30kgs of luggage into a 65L pack.
2. Brush my teeth without water.
3. Squat on an Asian toilet without wetting my feet.
4. Use no toilet paper when going to number 2�s (water is the substitute!).
5. Sleep on public transport (my parents will appreciate the enormity of this!).
6. Travel for 8 hours and deem this as a �short trip�.
7. Wear the same clothes for a week.
8. Go without a shower for days�
9. Shower with cold water in the freezing cold (Nepal was the winner here).
10. Wear no makeup and not do my hair for 6 months!!!
11. Play scrabble anywhere, however I have developed a disease called �scrabble turrets� � playing Marc is nothing short of infuriating, especially when I lose!!!
12. Confirm that Asian drivers are no better in their homeland.
13. Eat soup with chopsticks.
14. Say hello in 7 Asian languages.
15. Not kill my boyfriend after living in each other pockets for 6 1/2 months!!!
Tomorrow we have a 26 hour journey to Canada. We stop off in Taiwan for 12 hours so will embark on a whirlwind city tour. While I am looking forward to Canadian supermarkets, coffee, cooking and doing my own washing, I must admit the somewhat freezing temperatures will be a challenge for this Northland gal. Hmmm going from 35 to 5 degrees will be ffffrrrrreeeaaakkkkin cold!!!
I am fast running out of cash � so my main focus for the next month will be all about finding a job and adjusting to life back in the real world. The hole in the wall will stop giving me money soon� If the Canada plan does not come to fruition, we will make our way to Western Australia to bum off the Aussies for a year or so.
Hope everyone has had a fabulous holiday and 2008 is rocking along.
Next stop Canada � until then!!!